"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Handmade Ornaments from the Sea

A couple weekends ago we were fortunate enough to get the chance to experience a taste of the Christmas Season on Maui.



One early morning we took a walk through the “Whalers Village” shopping center.


rpfh_maui_nov_30_002

I had so much fun window shopping.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_003

I had never been to the Islands around this time of year.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_008

So I was like a child in a candy store.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_006

I was drawing to this pink Christmas tree at a store called “Totally Hawaiian”.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_007

I didn’t even need it to be open to have fun taking pictures of the beautiful handmade ornaments, each sparkling in the early morning sunlight.

  rpfh_maui_nov_30_009  

There were sand dollars, seashells, and starfish.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_004

All against a beautiful backdrop of pink.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_005

I think my favorite ornament is the Santa with the snorkel.

rpfh_maui_nov_30_010

Which is yours?

5 comments:

Donnie said...

I just love the sand dollar with the shells on it and I saved the image, hope you don't mind, so I might be able to make something similar. I have very few ornaments here in Florida and thought since I was stating from scratch I would do a seashells and nautical theme. Your photos are lovely.

Cindy said...

I like the chair with the umbrella on the sandollar ornament! Too Cute!!

La said...

I totally am smitten with the starfish. Beautiful! Is that in Lahaina? I was there many...many years ago. I would love to go back some day. La

mo said...

"Whalers Village" is located in the middle of the Kaanapali Beachwalk. But you are right, it does have an address of Lahina.

Kitchen-Dreams said...

this is unbelievable! how very generous of you. thank you! i'm a happy new follower!