"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Untold Stories

Today I tried my hand at creating a distressed book.  (I have been admiring the work of others for a while now.)



(click each picture to enlarge)


I labeled mine "Untold  Stories".







The first thing I did was find an old hard cover book that I was willing to part with. 






Next I tore off the front and back covers of the book.





Once the covers were off, I had fun scrunching up the first page of the book to help create the distressed look I was after.







Playing with my distressed ink pads, I then went to town rubbing them all over the book.







I placed a strip of my favorite Tim Holtz tissue tape along the spine of my book.





And picked out a sticker to use.  (The first step is the dream)






I then used a large ink stamp right on the first page. 






I tied my hand stamped tattered ribbon onto the book with a bow.






Added my "Untold Stories" tag I had just created using tiny pink shells and iridescent glitter.





And finished it off by adding a beautiful vintage rhinestone brooch to the bow. 

I began with a book that I was "willing to part with".  But in the end, this book became a bedside treasure and perfectly readable.

I am happy to be linking up to Cindy's Romantic Home "Show and Tell".

Just click here to visit some fabulous blogs.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

I just found your Beautiful blog! This distressed book is absolutely Gorgeous! I'm now following. Thank you so much for the free graphics! Have A Wonderful Night!
Nancy :D

Susan said...

I love your tattered book, and the Untold Stories tag! It amazes me how creative you are!

Donnie said...

That is just beautiful. I have looked at how others have been making these books and I'm bookmarking yours. Easy steps and so pretty. Thanks.

Unknown said...

...so lovely!!
Adore ALL the little touches and detail you have used:)
xo, Rosemary

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is the nicest one I've ever seen...really.
I've made a few of these also, but they don't look as beautiful as yours. So much detail! I love the rhinestone brooch and tissue tape.
Gorgeous.

Ann said...

Oh how exqusite! I've seen so many on the blogs but not as lovely as yours. I'll have to try this, I love the look
Ann.

Unknown said...

Love your book and thanks for the visit, I added carnival glass to that scottie dog as yes carnival glass is another term for glass of that type. Hugs and thanks for the reminder!

xinex said...

I love it! It's adorable!...Christine

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness, I love all your "Buttons"!!
I will have to add one to my blob!
Your artwork is wonderful too!
Leticia

Cindy said...

TAC!!! - Totally Awesome Creation! :)