"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forget-Me-Not

Pray tell me, sweet forget-me-not,

(click to enlarge)
Oh, kindly tell me where you got

15
(click to enlarge)

Your curious name?

9
(click to enlarge)

I’m most desirous to be told

12 - Copy
(click to enlarge)

The legend or romance of old,

13(click to enlarge)

From whence it came.  ~ O. Herford

10 - Copy(click to enlarge)

Legend has it when Adam was giving names to all the plants in the Garden of Eden, he told them to be careful not to forget their names.

One little blue flower had to go back to ask what name had been given to him. 

It was then when Adam told him, “This day forward your name will be the Forget-not.”

11
(click to enlarge)

My favorite resemblance of the little blue flower comes from the American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

14
(click to enlarge)

He called the stars, “the forget-me-not’s of the Angels". 

I cannot think of a better comparison for them.

3 comments:

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

I have always loved forget-me-nots and try and plant them as close to my front steps as possible..To me it is the perfect place for them since growning up that is where they grew in my mothers garden, around and under the front wooden steps.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful blooms and their stories and poems.

Kelsie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I never knew the origin of the name. They are so precious and delicate. You captured them so well with your photography.

La said...

I didn't know that. La