"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gifts from the Sea

On my last trip to Hawaii,




i found these adorable little sand dollars. 




Not on the beach though, 




I found them in a basket in a shop.






So I bought a handful.




And when I decided to photograph them,  




I knew they would look stunning in my grandmother's vintage chintz sugar bowl.


If you haven't already entered my " Angel Kisses " giveaway there is still plenty of time.

Just click below:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't they lovely and so is the sugar bowl, I have one just like it,, it was my grandmothers also, beautiful somple post!

Menopausal New Mom said...

I'm so happy you joined in with our hop! I stopped by to say Hello and to follow you,

Happy Thursday!
Deb

GwendolynKay said...

Lovely!! There is something about a sea shell that makes us feel connected to the vast oceans just a bit.
Blessings~

NanaDiana said...

They are beautiful- bought or picked by hand- who cares...they are just as lovely no matter how you get them. I love shells-have ALWAYS loved shells. xo Diana

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a great post! Love those shells.It is a great collection! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Karen said...

They are beautiful and they are perfect in your grandmothers sugar bowl.

Jann said...

I love seashells and have a large collection of them-- yours are so very pretty in your grandmother's beautiful sugar bowl!