"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Monday, August 22, 2011

Bride's Basket

When I first began collecting cranberry glass,




I recall how beautiful I thought these " Victorian Bride's Baskets " or




Bride's Bowls were.




They are called that because it was popular to get them as them as wedding gifts in the late 1800's to about 1905.





Now, this one I have here I kind of just put the pieces together to make a basket for myself.




Each of the two pieces were separate finds of mine along my antique hunting journey.




I have several glass bride's bowls of different colors.



This glass bowl is most likely made by Fenton sometime around 1940-1954.


But the brides basket itself does date back to the turn of the 19th century.



9 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love the pretty pink color of your bride's basket, and it looks so nice resting inside the contrasting container. The shells are a perfect compliment!

GwendolynKay said...

What a beautiful bowl! I have never heard of them or seen them before. I love the shape and color.
Blessings always~

Eileen said...

Absolutely lovely. I love the color.

NanaDiana said...

That bride's basket is just beautiful...what an amazing color. I have seen them but never knew what they were- Lovely- xo Diana

2amscrapper said...

I don't always comment, but I come here often for inspiration and to see which badges I can snag for my blog. Thanks for all your do!

Marilyn said...

That is an amazing color and shape! My mom has Fenton glass pieces that must have been from the same time, but not that color. Some were my grandmother's, and perhaps some day will come to my house.♥♫

Unknown said...

What a wonderful collection you must have. I see them here and there but never knew they were called Brides baskets. So pretty. I too love cranberry glass. The color is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love the bride bowls, Mo. Just beautiful. Ohhhhh, don't you just LOVE cranberry glass? Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

MomWaldsPlace said...

What a beautiful piece of vintage glass. I never knew about their name before.