"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rose Colored Cranberry Glass, Part II

This post is my second in a series about my cranberry glass collection.
Here’s a link to my first post if you would like to see it.

Part II
I began collecting Cranberry Glass after I was inspired by this cover of ‘Traditional Home’ magazine and the article ‘Prettiest in Pink’, by Heather Wright many years ago.
cover

Since my home was already decorated in a traditional style, the bright pink in contrast with the dark rich wood shown in this magazine sparked my passion.  Thus, my love affair began...
pg1
This was no easy task; to be a wise collector of this beautiful art glass while reproductions were flooded on the market.
pg2
There was so much to learn about the history, manufacturers, styles, shapes, and colors of this glass.
pg3
At first it was overwhelming because I wanted to know everything right away.  I would go to Antique Shows and talk to the vendors.  And finally at an Antique Show in Charlotte, North Carolina, I found this book:

encyheacvol9a

pg5
The book helped enormously.  It was a wealth of information.  But it was years before I felt confident in my ability to spot "a real treasure". 
To be continued...
----------------------------------------
I am a Proud Participant in today’s:





Join us…

11 comments:

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hi, following you back, thanks for posting our cafe button today and linking up :)

Hope to see you next Thursday!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Love your post on Cranberry Glass. I have collected it for years. I use it a Christmas time. I think it is so beautiful. Your piece are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us. Blessings, Martha

Tammy said...

What a beautiful blog. Thanks for stopping by our blog hop today. I am just stopping by to say hi to my friends at the cafe...I am your newest follower by the way!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

My sister is a big cranberry glass collector. It's so lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

I collect ruby glass myself. Your collection and how you displayed it for us is awesome.

LEGEND OF MARY'S BEAN is my Friday blog.

Have a great weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

PS...thanks for the lovely compliment and comment you left for me this morning. I too am now following YOU. It's a pleasure to 'meet' you.

Judy said...

Hi Mo! Thanks you so much for foloowing my blog. Im now following back. Im so glad to met you. I love you blog too.

Susan said...

Oh, stop my rapidly beating heart. I LOVE cranberry glass. Your pieces are exquisite. Check out my blog's April 30th post to read about my collection, too, want to? Cranberry glass collectors are a rare breed and we must stick together! Susan

Gayle said...

I have heard of this glass but don't habe much knowledge. It is beautiful.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

What a beautiful blog!
Thank you for sharing!

Shawn said...

Great post!!! It kicks glass!!
Hi - I'm a new follower , please check out my blog & follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/