"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Monday, January 24, 2011

Patron Saint of Bloggers

Today January 24, is the feast of St. Francis De Sales so let’s head  to the French Alps. 
    
The more I read about this saint, the more I am intrigued by him.
  
  
He is the patron saint of journalists and writers.
   
ancy2

He was born in the beautiful town of Annecy, France.

ancy3

Annecy is tucked away in the French Alps…

ancy4

near the borders of Switzerland and Italy.

ancy6

Many people call  Annecy the “Venice of the Alps”
    
ancy8

because of the beautiful canal which runs through the center of it.

ancy7

The “Palais de l’Ile” (or Palace on the Island) is a popular photo opportunity and is now the center of Art and History Conservation of Annecy.

img1-1024768

When I make it to France, I intend on putting Annecy on my to-do list.
          
ancy10
   
The church of Saint-François de Sales preserves this saint’s relics here.
  
ancy5


St. Francis de Sales is known as the “The Gentle Saint” and I consider him the patron saint of Bloggers.
 
I do love his wisdom:

“Give yourself up to your guardian Angel, that he may be your guide…”
                       - St. Francis de Sales

As you begin your week, know your guardian Angel is forever at your side (even if "he" may be a "she"  *wink*).

7 comments:

Jane said...

I think I like this patron saint of bloggers! WE can use as many of those as we can get,thanks for sharing. Blessings jane

Anonymous said...

It is nice to learn more about St. Francis de Sales. I absolutely love his quote about our guardian Angel. Annecy is so beautiful with the canals and the colorful buildings lining them. I would love to vist!

Donnie said...

That was both interesting and the photos were beautiful. Great post.

Simply Debbie said...

OH MO,
I WAS VERY HAPPY TO LEARN ABOUT ST. FRANCIS de SALES, "THE GENTLE SAINT." I LOVE HIS QUOTE AND I COULD LIVE IN ANNECY...IT IS GORGEOUS. I CAN SEE MYSELF WRITING FOR HOURS FROM THOSE BEAUTIFUL BALCONIES. IT IS SO PRETTY AND TO BE SO CLOSE TO SWITZERLAND AND ITALY. I NEVER KNEW SUCH A HEAVENLY PLACE EXISTED BUT I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY ON THIS BEAUTIFUL EARTH.
THANK YOU FOR THIS LESSON.
I LOVED IT.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE

La said...

Mo, this is such a wonderful post. If you need a travel partner, I'm game. Isn't Annecy absolutley gorgeous? Oh my.

Mariette said...

Dearest Mo,

Thanks for sharing this informative blog with your readers. He certainly appeals to all those that write...

Lots of love,

Mariette

Clear Crick Cottage said...

So pretty! Yep I just had to come back for a second visit today! I love this place...I'll be back tomorrow. :)
Thanks Mo!
love,
Sherilyn