"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Friday, September 24, 2010

Tea-Time

Welcome to Friday’s “Tea-Time” at “Rose Petals from Heaven” .


I love this little reproduction I have of a  painting by the famous British Artist, “Arthur John Elsley”. 


It is simply called “Tea-Time”.

 (click to enlarge)

It shows a blonde little girl playing Tea Party with her Jack Russell Terrier puppies.


This British Artist was popular in the Victorian era for painting children with their pets.


Fox Terriers, collies, and St. Bernards were Elsley's favorite dog and puppy models.


Elsley who once only painted portraits, had a gift for telling stories through his paintings.


In “Tea-Time” you can see his talent for capturing movement and playfulness.


Thank you for visiting and…

Don’t forget to check out Cindy’s wonderful “Show and Tell Friday” over at “My Romantic Home”!

6 comments:

Katty's cosy cove said...

Beautiful painting! Enjoy it. I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. Have a wonderful day.

Cindy said...

I love the gold teacup! Where did that come from? Grandma?

Terri said...

Thank you for sharing about "Tea Time". I love that artist's works. The gold tea cup and saucer are marvelous! I have never seen an all gold set before. Is it old? Does it say on the bottom who made it?
Thank you so much for coming by my blog, for your very kind comments and for "following"
Hugs,
Terri

mo said...

I purchased this teacup long ago from an antique dealer. It is marked on the bottom it says Bone China - Taylor & Kent - England and is stamped with a crown. Thanks for following and thank you for your wonderful comments. *hugs*

Susan said...

Oh, Mo, what a beautiful cup and roses. And the little painting is so very charming. Loved all! Susan

Wendy Aspinall said...

oh mo my nanna has the same tea cup... although I have no idea where it went... maybe it the same one and you never know where fate will bring things and people together have a wonderful day hugs wendy