"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Gift of Love

Occasionally I see a vintage postcard I can’t live without. “The Gift of Love” was one of those postcards.
0gol_rpfhIt is a perfect fit for my bulletin board of lifetime memories.

11gol_rpfh The rose is a piece of stick pin jewelry given to me by my sister.  It is a real rose and to me this makes it quite unique.

10gol_rpfh A couple more of my vintage Holy Cards.  My translation of the card on the right is “The Exceptional Become Saints”.

13gol_rpfhThe little picture of St. Therese is called a “Detente”.  The word "detente” means “a relaxing of tension”.
 12gol_rpfh Here too is a “Detente” of Mary.  Carefully embroidered and to me, a beautiful vintage keepsake in my Lord Nelson Blue Pansy Chintz dish from the 1940’s.

00gol_rpfh In the past, it was common for people to carry around an image of their favorite Patron Saint or other Holy image with them at all times.  In this case, Mary was chosen to keep close to someone.

14gol_rpfhThese beautiful vintage shell earrings give off a rainbow of colors and they just had to be in my blog.

2 comments:

Susan said...

The Gift of Love postcard is perfect for your board! I'd like to learn more about your lifetime memories board! Susan

BECKY said...

I love everything "Vintage" and you always have such pretty and unique items!