"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Monday, April 25, 2011

" Island " Roses

On one of my trips to the island of Maui, I wandered into a store called " Totally Hawaiian ".



What drew me into this shop was something in the window display.





The something was the vivid colors of pink, purple, yellow, and red.






As I walked closer, I realized these roses were not roses at all, but seashells.






I am always inspired by a person's ability to take something ordinary and turn it into something extraordinary.






"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. "
                 ~Henry David Thoreau



*hugs*

mo


6 comments:

Mariette said...

Dearest Mo,

These Hawaiian roses are incredible! Some people have an almost genius idea indeed. They are lovely...

Lots of love,

Mariette

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are stunning. As I looked a bit closer, they were a little shiny and I thought they were glass. Shells! They're incredible!

Phyllis said...

I almost did not believe that the roses were not real......so delicate looking, even the shading of the colors is realistic looking. I appreciate you sharing this with us and the quote is one that I hope to put into my heart. You will laugh but my husband always tells people that here in west Texas, you look farther than you can see......

Susan said...

Dear Mo...Oh, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Such wonderful colors and unique art! Loved them. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Susan said...

p.s. Mo,I put your pink roses on my blog tonight. THANK YOU SO MUCH. You are a wonder. Susan

Chatty Crone said...

I'm a bit slow Mo - are you saying those gorgeous roses aren't roses at all - that they are seashells? That is one of the most amazing and beautiful displays I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing. sandie