"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Coral Grotto

Wendesday, March 16th, we arrived in downtown Kona, Hawaii at about 5pm.  Just as the "Open Market" was closing.  (I was bummed)

So we walked on past the closing market to a sidewalk filled with plumeria flowers that had fallen from the trees above.

I had to find one to put into my hair!  As my husband stood there waiting, I went through almost every bloom to find the one that was least wilted.  I took a ridiculously long time to do this but it was Hawaii and no one cares what time it is.

So I finally found the one I thought best and stuck it in my hair and we walked on.

All of a sudden, I knew why I was brought here.  It was not for the open market at all. 

As I looked across the street there stood the most beautiful sight I had seen on the island.


It was a coral grotto. I did not even know existed!


As I got closer to it, it became more beautiful.



It was " The Coral Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes ".




Of all the petals from Heaven during this week, this was the most fragrant one I was given.




Our Lady was draped in a handmade rosary made of seashells.




And St. Bernadette was kneeling draped in a lei.





The coral cross at the top of the grotto, took my breath away.




As I looked at all the fragrant and beautiful tropical flowers laid at Her feet;





I felt like the "little drummer boy" with nothing beautiful to give to Her.




It was then I thought of the plumeria flower in my hair and how long I spent trying to pick out the most perfect one.

So I placed it on the coral and we left.

****

Not far from were we exited the grotto site, there was a rock wall along the sidewalk we were walking on.

I looked on the wall and there was a perfect plumeria flower placed with all petals on the wall and the stem part toward the heavens.

I knew it was a replacement for the one I had given Mary.  I looked up and thanked her.



Today I am joining "Spiritual Sundays".

Just click on the button below.

2 comments:

La said...

Mo, this is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read.

Thank you for sharing such a wondrous experience. La

Susan said...

Oh, Mo,what an experience that must have been. And the Blessed Mother even sent down another perfect flower for you. This post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing. Susan