"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Friday, May 13, 2011

One of My Most Treasured Keepsakes

This by far is one of my most treasured keepsakes.



It was handmade long ago,





Out of rose petals.





Each bead on this vintage rosary consists of several rose petals,






That were carefully collected from a garden,





Each enduring the days spent creating one of these priceless treasures.




I hope to one day create some myself.





I have read the first rosaries ever made were made of rose petal beads.




They are extremely durable if you do not expose them to liquid.





Children used to make them for extra money long ago.




They are a rare art indeed and usually handed down in families as heirlooms.


I am happy to be joining Cindy's,  " Show and Tell Friday " over at her beautiful blog " My Romantic Home " .

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, the rose petal rosaries are lovely, Mo. I have seen them before. They are fragrant, too, right? Nice keepsake.

Well, we are all heaving sighs of relief that the Big Blogger is back in operation. Holy smokes, I was scared there for awhile. Lost two pre-written posts but I have the originals so I can do them over. No big deal.

Take care, dear Mo. Susan

Anonymous said...

Your post brought back such memories. My mother had a "rose" rosary. She passed away 11 years ago and I am wondering what happened to it. Thanks for the memory, I'll certainly be looking to see if I can find it.

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your rosary is beautiful. Do you suppose this is where the name came from?

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

So happy to have found your blog from Cindy's Show & Tell Friday! Love the rosary beads and your awesome photography! Such a beautiful blog! I have a feeling I'll be spending lots of time here as I'm your newest follower!! I'd love it if you visit me sometime ~ I'm gearing up for a Wedding Blog Party and would love to have you join us!

Happy PINK Saturday, too!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Jan Hennings said...

I love your beautiful blog and thank you for the visit to mine. I'm your newest follower :)