"It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
-William Carlos Williams quotes
(American Poet, 1883-1963)



All "Rose Petals from Heaven" copywrite graphics are for

~ Personal Use Only ~

Become a follower and use them on your blogs.

©2010-2025 All rights reserved.

" Rose Petals from Heaven's " Friends :

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The First Lady of Waikiki

When I was in Hawaii,
 
 
 
 
I fell in love with another of Waikiki's historical treasures.
 

 
 
 

 
 
As I walked closer to it, I seemed to be time traveling back to the early 1900's.
 

 
 
Since I have lived in the South a bit, it reminded me of the old southern houses with wooden rockers on the porch.
 

 
 
I am always fascinated by the light fixtures in these historical hotels.
 

 
 
This beautiful resort is 111 years old.
 


And is often called, "The First Lady of Waikiki".


 
 
It was the very first resort built in Waikiki.
 

 
 
As you walk around, you can see the antiquities of yesteryear.
 
 

 
 
What is amazing is the contrast this white treasure has with the blue Pacific Ocean.


2 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Mo,

Waikiki has a lot of beautiful buildings and this one is a true treasure. You no doubt had a lovely time.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Anonymous said...

It looks utterly gorgeous. How I would love to sit at one of those tables in the last picture, simply enjoying the view.